Origami Girl

Saturday 13 July 2013

In which Iron Man is caught on camera



I am afraid I am not yet done with wedding-related posts, I still have honeymoon pics, more wedding shots and then this. It doesn't look like it but these Iron Man lego photos also have a wedding connection. So the thing about this whole getting-married situation is that we also got some incredible presents. I am going to share in another post some of the really special things we got in what I hope will be an appreciate-but-not-boastful way. (I always feel sharing presents is a little bit arrogant somehow).

There was one particular present however that is incredibly relevant to this blog - and totally and utterly unexpected. I got a camera. A D3200 Nikon DSLR to be exact. I have been wanting a good camera for so long, but to be honest I thought it was a years away purchase, they are so expensive and we have other things that come up on the money list first. I sulked a little in jealousy at times, but I learnt to use my little cam as best I could. However my work utterly surprised me with this incredible gift when I got back! I was totally blown away by their generosity and am now going to have to sit and read through all the tutorials and actually learn how to use a proper camera!

Anyway, these are the first shots I took with the new camera. I got the Iron Man set months ago but this is the first time I've photographed it. I did get some other new Lego for the wedding as well, and have such a back log of minifigs to share too, so there'll be more soon.


So you can see the full set. It's War Machine, Iron Man and the villain from Iron Man 3 (no spoilers)

I love my War Machine figure. They actually have faces under the masks too, but I forgot to shoot those!

I also got a motorbike mechacnic through doing a figure swap with my sister, so I had some fun with him. 

"Hmm"
"All done!"

"Is my bike ready yet?"

These last two and the only ones I did some editing of because I wanted to see what I got with just the raw images. Looking back at my point and shoot Lego pictures I still really like them, but I can't remember how many are edited to be that good, or how many were good to start with! 

"Fear my stud rays"


So I hope the next outfit pictures show an improvement, but I think it'll take a while longer to get used to people shots!

2 comments:

  1. Great shots, it looks like you're getting the hang of your new camera really quickly!

    It's always fun playing around with it for the first few months :)

    Nice choice too, the D3200 is such a great dslr for beginners (I've got the Pentax kx myself, which is pretty similiar, I probably should have gone for a Nikon or Canon though. Pentax lenses are so expensive!)

    A Chic Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete